I am Ploy, originally from Bangkok, Thailand. This explains why my name might not be very familiar (Ploy = Sapphire in Thai). In 2007, I came to Japan to travel and accidentally heard about a scholarship from a girl I met on the tour bus. A year later, I landed in a small town down south of Japan. This time, I was to stay for a long time. I was 17.
I was a student at Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University in Beppu city, Oita prefecture. 3.5 years in one of the most multi-cultural university in Japan, I met so many wonderful friends and professors from all over the world. I learnt so much from all the things I experienced there. I decided to stay and worked for a Japanese Fortune 500 company.
Then I left (permanently, so I thought).
I went to the UK to further my study but fate brought me back to Japan. I came back again in spring 2015.
As I am writing this right now, it is 2018 and there was about 5 year-gap from my last post on this blog (I have contributed to other websites). I am older and hopefully, a little wiser. Life is as always − never easy but I don’t think I ever expected anything less.
In here I hope to share a few glimpse of my life and some tips here and there when I can. And I encourage you to reach out to me and share your stories as well.
- I speak 4 languages − Thai, English, Japanese, Chinese and now attempting French.
- I love traveling and meeting new people.
- I value true friends and life experiences.
- I believe in real dedication…with a little bit of fate.
- I try not to take things for granted.
- When I can, I let people know I am grateful.
- I am not perfect and I am here to learn.